2011 was a milestone in VDW history, marking a paradigm shift in endodontics. With RECIPROC®, VDW launched a reciprocating one-file shaping system in combination with a new motion which would soon become a pillar in root canal treatment. The instrument demonstrates its particular efficiency when used for retreatments.
The Reciproc family (RECIPROC and RECIPROC blue) is the biggest achievement in VDW history with over 22 million files sold until today, making VDW one of the market leaders for reciprocating instruments worldwide. Since launching, more than 400 studies and scientific publications from all over the world have supported the benefits of the Reciproc family.
- RECIPROC instruments are designed for one file shaping. Thus, a root canal can be completely prepared with only one reciprocating instrument – without creating a glide path in the majority of cases.
- Root canal preparation with RECIPROC is easy to learn and easy to teach – with less likelihood of procedural errors* compared to rotary NiTi systems.
- The selection of the file is easy. Choose the member of the Reciproc family that suits your case best.
- The original reciprocating motion with its specific angles of rotation as well as its controlled acceleration and deceleration lead to higher resistance to cyclic fatigue and a reduced risk of instrument fracture.
- Provided in sterile blisters for single use, RECIPROC instruments offer a reduced risk of cross contamination.
- An overuse of files is prevented thanks to the single use instrument approach.
- The s-shaped cross-section progresses smoothly and cuts efficiently thanks to its special design. The instrument moves without pushing, so that stress on dentin is minimized.
- The root canal preparation time is reduced. Less time for shaping means more time for disinfection and more patients treated.
- Files are made to be used for a single treatment only for constant cutting efficiency.